Families & Community
The Galileo Preparatory Academy Family
We encourage our learners to be engaged in their communities from the community of Galileo scholars to their neighborhoods, churches, synagogues, clubs, and their civic community. Community engagement develops an “others before self” perspective so needed in today’s world.
We also love it when our families are involved in our school activities and community outreach! As we welcome our first-ever cohort of families into Galileo Prep, your input will help shape the future for decades to come.
We ask that families serve 20 hours a year within the Galileo school community. We know every parent, caretaker, and community member has a wealth of knowledge and energy to share with our learners, and can't wait to get to know you. Here just a few ideas:
- Serve as subject matter experts, guest speakers, or mentors
- Support community service projects
- Offer internship opportunities
- Host field trips
- Participate in student-led conferences
- Sponsor extracurricular activities
- Volunteer in classrooms
- Serve on our Advisory Board